Creative writing activity for group/workshop
Lurve is all you Need
- to explore good writing through bad writing
- to explore pastiche and parody
plenary discussion to start with, then individual work
try Nashville or cheap Hollywood movies
pen and paper, possibly some soppy records
- In a plenary discussion brainstorm different types of love lyrics. These
can be from popular music or from classic poetry. Note them on the board or
- From the list of types choose one, in other words, decide what kind of a
love song/poem you want to aim for.
- Brainstorm as many clichées as you can about this particular type.
- Write these into a text that is as faithful to the genre with the use of
the above clichées.
© 2000 – 2005 Franz Andres Morrissey, all rights reserved.