Creative writing activity for group/workshop
- to situate a text ideologically
- to experiment with fables, allegories, satires and folk tales
groups to start off with, then individual writing
any fable, etc.
one piece of note paper per participant
- Each participant writes down a potential ‘moral of the story’.
This can be a real moral or it can in itself be a subversion. This piece
of paper is passed on.
- With the ‘moral’ you’ve just received, make a decision as
to what format of story would suit it best.
- Devise a situation, the characters and the plot, which would be suited
best to bring out the moral.
- Write the first part of the tale, which is the exposé from
which the story then proceeds towards the episode in which the moral
- Pass this text on.
- With the new text complete the story with your own moral or lack of
it. You can subvert the story or you can subvert the genre here.
© 2000 – 2005 Franz Andres Morrissey, all rights reserved.